Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Attempting to Inhale DMT via Nitrous Dispenser

Here's a weird experiment: dissolve DMT in a suitable, edible solvent, pour into a whipped cream dispenser, charge with nitrous, shake, and inhale. Will the DMT form tiny little droplets as in a nebulizer and make it to the lungs? Or will it just squirt into your mouth and taste like ass?

The answer? A little of both.

For this experiment, I took a little bit of DMT freebase and dissolved it in tequila. Only some of it dissolved, leaving little clumps on the side of the glass. I poured the tequila into my whipped cream dispenser and loaded it up with nitrous. I inhaled and tasted sweet nitrous gas at first, then a blast of tequila-flavored air, then a mouthful of tequila liquid. Tequila + DMT tastes incredibly foul, so I spit this out.

The experience started as a standard nitrous trip, which came and went as those sorts of things tend to do. Over the next few minutes, I noticed a lingering buzz that I assumed was nitrous after affects. I found it hard to do simple manual tasks, and everything appeared much brighter. To me, this felt very similar to some of the milder DMT effects. This state lasted approximately eight minutes, then gradually faded.

I consider this experiment a success, but with some caveats. First, it is difficult to dissolve DMT. This of course leads to loss of product. Second, there is some technique to getting just alcohol vapor and not liquid, which if not mastered will result in further loss of product. Unfortunately I have not mastered it, and unlikely to because of the third and final caveat: The onset of nitrous far precedes that of the DMT, so there is no synergy between the two. The nitrous comes and goes followed by a more gradual DMT buildup.

So, why did the DMT take so long to set in? I have two guesses. One of them is that the DMT particles are far larger than vaporized DMT, which would probably have a negative effect on absorption. The next is that perhaps this experiment didn't work at all, and the DMT effects were due to sub lingual absorption from the solution hitting my mouth. I don't know how to differentiate between the two, so we'll just leave it at that.

1 comment: